Saturday, October 1, 2016

Life

Life. Existence. Presence. It is what each person receives and what each person lets go. However, what is the true meaning of life? What are you (as a person) even here for? For me, life is not about going to school each day, taking notes, and learning things that will never benefit me. It is not about sitting and doing what others tell you. It is not about working the 9-5. This is how many people live their life, but again what is life?  In my opinion, life is a blessing. It is given to you and it is your job to use it the way you want. If you are not doing what you want, then why are you wasting your time?  How are you going to live your life?
Image result for life

Interpretation of life is different for each person. The perspective each person has on life is different. What each person wants is different. Their views are different. Although views may be alike, they are unique to you (as a person). The ways people live their lives are based on what they think is best and what they want. How are you going to live your life?
  1.  Pleasure: Do what makes you happy in the moment instead of pushing for the future, which is unknown. 
  2. Morals:  Do what you think is best. Follow your ideals of right and wrong. Live your life by your own morals and standards.
  3. Survival: Do what you need to do to survive. Life is not easy so you need to be strong. Stand your ground and do what you need to do to last.
  4. Peace: Do what you need to do to make your life peaceful. Build tranquility and understand the world and how it works. Doing this will only make your experience more joyful.
  5.  Time: Do what you want. Time is money so do not waste it. You only have one life to live so live it to the best of your ability.


Image result for life gif
These are not the only ways people can guide themselves on how to live.  As David Muso roughly said, “I’m gonna die anyways so I’m chillin. That’s why I don’t always care if I get a bad grade”. In my opinion, life is all about what you think and what you want. If you want a car there are multiple ways of getting it, you just need to find the way that suits you. Voice your opinion, do what you wish, but there are always consequences for your actions. “The world is shaped by two things- stories told and memories they leave behind” (Vera Nazarian). Lessons learned mold you for the future but they are always important to look back upon. Every person has something in their life that made them who they are right now. Never give up on what you believe. Determination along with hard work are keys in life that will take you where you strive to go. Not living the way you prefer can turn to be a waste. 


NowThis  nowthis now this news nowthisnews dj khaled
There will always be someone who has more, or who is better, you just need to appreciate what you have. As J. Cole expresses in his song Love Yourz


"Always gon' be a bigger house somewhere, but feel me

Long as the people in that love you dearly

Always gon' be a whip that's better than the one you got

Always gon' be some clothes that's fresher than the ones you rock

Always gon' be a that's badder out there on the tours

But you ain't never gon' be happy till you love yours "

Life is not going to be the same for each person because of the situations and experiences they have dealt with. It is their thinking and wishes that get them to where they are. A person may work harder to achieve what he/she desires. They might work harder than you but in life that is the way it is. Love what you have. Your life is special to you so be appreciative to what you have.


















Tupac Shakur said, “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender”.  What dies inside are your dreams. Never give up and you will be content with the outcome. Are you going to follow your own morals? Are you going to live your life to the fullest? Again, life is different for each person and it has much friction that comes along with it. It is a journey that you must be willing to take. A blessing that you must be grateful for. An experience that only comes once. So I ask again, how are YOU going to live YOUR life

24 comments:

  1. Farhaan, you wrote quite an interesting blog. I am especially amused that you had used quotes from some of our classmates. I am also impressed by your casual writing style. It almost feels like you are actually giving a meaningful lecture. I also liked how you created the list to help convey your point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meaningful message is what I am trying to give! Thank you

      Delete
  2. Your post overall was very inspiring. Throughout my high school years I've learned to live life for myself and not others and to do what YOU want based on your individualistic ambitions and goals. I really liked how you included lyrics of famous songs and other students into your post to make it casual yet very clear with what you want your audience to receive out of this post. Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teja! I put time and effort into this blog and I wanted it to be interesting:)

      Delete
  3. This post was very inspiring and unique in comparison to many other people's posts this week, who mostly chose to state their feelings on Thoreau's piece. I liked the way you italicized the word "you" whenever it came up to show the urgency and importance of your message. It helped strengthen your argument quite a bit and deliver a clear call to action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caelan! Since Ms. Valentino always makes us, as a class, think deeper and look for a larger message I wanted to make a way for something to stand out. Get the audience thinking 💭

      Delete
  4. Farhaan, I really liked this blog post because it really made me think about school and life. I realized that sometimes school isn't everything and that we should all put more time for ourselves. I also liked how you used the quote about the things we leave behind and the memories. However, DJ Khaled was not the best choice lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should put one into ourselves. This is the age for us to grow, mature, and to start thinking about our future. No point in stressing. There is more we need to worry about. But man DJ Khaled is the GOAT💯

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed this post, it made me think a lot about my life and what my priorities are. I think this piece was really inspiring and I like how you included pictures and lists to make it more interesting overall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! I want the audience to open their eyes and look for more in life.

      Delete
  6. Your post was very entertaining, and I loved the quote from David that you got from out class! Your viewpoints on something so simple made me look at it in a different way, and I thoroughly enjoyed this read. Looking forward to the future of this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boi!!!!!! Happy you enjoyed the read:) I hope my next blogs can meet your standards🙏

      Delete
  7. Your post was very entertaining, and I loved the quote from David that you got from out class! Your viewpoints on something so simple made me look at it in a different way, and I thoroughly enjoyed this read. Looking forward to the future of this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Firstly, your posts are so motivating and I really admire this. Secondly, you always come up with the most abstract idea connected to our topics, but it makes sense and is articulated beautifully. This made me think a lot about highschool and my interpretation of it. I think its interesting how you added time to your list of living life, as I think it is often something taken for granted and overlooked. You definitely take overlooked ideas and bring up such unique points about them. I think your list of living life could be combined and condensed more, so I think its interesting that you chose the things that you did. (Like I think that one could add peace under survival, so this is interesting that this is separate). Great post, keep up the great gifs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try and make the most O what we get in class. I want to be different and this is one way I can express it! I will totally keep up with the GIFS😝😝😝

      Delete
  9. I agree, i think that everyone's prospective on life is different. People tend to stress so much about how they should live it. I enjoyed reading your piece and loved the 2pac reference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to stress. I just go with the flow🏄 People's perspectives are different and in the end it is always about what you as a person want. Not about what others want. They arnt living your life! I had to shout out 2Pac👌

      Delete
  10. Farhaan, this post was eye opening. I liked the way you incorporated other student's quotes and also italicized the word "you" to give it more power and impact. In addition, I especially loved the 5 ways that people should live their life by. This post really inspired me and I hope to read more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm flattered that this piece made you inspired. I hope I can create more posts that are this meaningful😊 Thanks Neil!

      Delete
  11. Farhaan!
    First of all, I have to say that I love the way you delivered your message. You are so honest and true with you are saying, which made me question my interpretation of life. I like your categorization of your questions: pleasure, morals, survival, peace, and time. Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  12. Thank you Jennifer! I want my readers to be inspired. I feel that Ms. Valentino wants more than just a 10 point assignment and that's how I look at these blogs. There is more to it. Writing is an art and I want to be Picasso;) thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Farhaan. This post was so inspiring and really made me thing about life. I loved the 2pac reference too! You are a really talented writer and I can't wait to read your other posts.

    ReplyDelete