Sunday, September 25, 2016

The Truth About Love

Love, the elusive magical feeling that we all strive hard to achieve. The world revolves around love and we live for it. To have it is one of the greatest treasures in life and many wars have been fought for LOVE. As a teenager in high school, I see the word love being used more commonly day to day, but I do not know if people understand what love actually is.
Image result for love rap gif
According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary love is, “a feeling of strong or constant affection for a person” or “attraction that includes sexual desire: the strong affection felt by people who have a romantic relationship”. As all types of people, (especially teens) use the word love I can only imagine what love they feel. Breakups and cheating has become common in this century although it has been around for quite some time. 
Image result for drake crying gifs
In the passage, Because My Father Always Said He Was The Only Indian Who Saw Jimi Hendrix Play “The Star-Spangled Banner” At Woodstock a line about modern love arose which had me thinking. The line stated, “Hank Williams and Jimi Hendrix don’t have much in common,” I said. “Hell, yes, they do. They knew all about broken hearts,” my father said. “You sound like a bad movie.” “Yeah, well, that’s how it is. You kids today don’t know shit about romance” (Alexie 30). This stood out to me and made me think that we (as a group of individuals living in the 21st Century) may not know much about romance. Maybe this is why our so-called “love” has not been working out. 
Image result for fake love gif
Nowadays people cannot handle being locked down because they are always looking for options. They do not realize that it takes dedication, and that love does hurt. It is the person you care about being there for you when you need them the most. It is understanding, compassion, and acceptance. Love is when someone cares for you so much that they stay up all night for you to get home. Love is not an easy journey. People do not feel this type of love because of technology. The digital era created people to seek instant satisfaction and that is not what love is about. You, yourself, have to realize what you are looking for and not throw around the word because it is more than just a word. It is a feeling. If you are seeking for love go out, grab it, and harvest it for the rest of your days to come. Do not push it aside and treat it as nothing because soon it will be nothing. Now think deep and take your time to realize if what you are seeking is love.  

I was in my feelings when I wrote this. 

6 comments:

  1. i completely agree, to be completely honest. People always run through a constant list of options. People are afraid to love because they think they will get hurt. as for technology, it creates unrealistic standards of "relationship goals" and leaves people with constant desires for things they just might not even be ready for yet. People long for what looks great, not how it got to be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly I hate relationship goals. Yes it's nice seeing it on Twitter once or twice but that is just a glimpse of a relationship. Sorry I'm late on the reply

      Delete
  2. "Nowadays people cannot handle being locked down because they are always looking for options." and "The digital era created people to seek instant satisfaction" are two counterbalances that govern the new love scene for young adults. In a world of mass-connection people are looking for the best connection they can make instead of taking a time-out to enjoy the connections they already have. The instant-gratification monkey in all our heads add to this by accelerating many relationships to the breaking point when all they needed was good old-fashioned time. A good, unique post King Khan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zain! I am glad you enjoyed this piece:) It was an interesting topic many young adults could connect with and I wanted to open the audiences eyes! Hope King Khan can keep his crown👑

      Delete
  3. I had a very personal reaction to this, as I recently just asked my girlfriend what was her goal in a relationship. She replied with that she was looking for love, and I said I didn't think such a thing existed. Just today, I told my best friend that I loved them. I don't know where I obtained such a gap in ideas, or how I could be so ironic. This post has made me think about how many times a day I do say I love something, when I adamantly say I don't believe in such a thing. While reading this, it made me analyze what I think of as love, and how it is something way too loosely thrown around. I think everyone views the idea of love differently, and what you wrote really made me think of why I view it the way I do. Very thought provoking, love the Tumblr gifs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you could relate to this piece. I also thrown around the term LOVE. I regret it each day since there is more to the word, although I have different types of love for people. I hope to hear from you again! Sorry about the late reply😕

      Delete