Monday, December 12, 2016

The Dried Out Opinions of People

"Cruse falsely charged that Hansberry and her family owned some 13 slum properties in the South Side, and deemed "obsequious" and "embarrassing" her "mimicry of the critical standards of white Communists" and her play's "assumptions that she knew all about the N**ro working class, of which she was not even remotely a member"

Reading through a 14 page packet for AP English about the famous Lorraine Hansberry, I encountered a paragraph of criticism on a play that she had created. It interested me since I read background information on her lifestyle and how she lived in a prominent white neighborhood. The ironic part about this is how Hansberry had been a member of the working class of African Americans. It made me think about how an opinion of one person can change how others think towards something. The influence of ones thoughts may be beneficial or harmful. It just depends on the person who is speaking. Since it was a white man criticizing a black woman it made many follow his views.

The Simpsons homer simpson season 2 episode 11 dad

I though about the recent election. I have been at the point in life where my fathers interests have influenced me substantially since I always wanted to be like him. Along with this, his hostility towards Trump was almost bestowed upon me. That is until recently, I needed a type of verification for myself on why Trump was a bad president. I knew all of what he had said since I have witnessed clips from social media but it seemed to pass by because I had my fathers opinion to guide me. For my benefit I needed my own opinion because I am my own person.

Image result for inner growth of the mind

It relates to the decisions I make in my life. I do what I want for myself and no one else. In the end it is my life and I am not living it to satisfy anyone but me I make decisions everyday and I leaned that everyone has their own opinions. They have their own views on something and their own reasons behind their views. What I came to recognize is how many people fall to voice THEIR opinion and instead agree on what others have to say without a legit conformation.

Just one way to prove my point is how children follow whatever is popular in culture today. Jermaine Cole (J. Cole) recently released an exquisite piece of art though the work of music connecting to his soul. Many children saw the trend on Twitter and recently began to agree with the views of others. Not giving themselves an experience to analyze the project, the children are still following the trends of society blindly. Without any outlooks they stay voiceless to their own opinions. Never reaching a maturity to create themselves. Having a brain that can soak up information, these children are drying up in the sun as they follow others. Never being able to be young men or women but children following others footsteps.

Image result for 4 your eyes only

I am not saying that children are the only inhabitants of this problem but adults are as well. They follow the news aimlessly, hearing the nonsense that is false accusations. Because the opinion is from a woman in a dress reading complex words off of a poster, people seem to think that she may know what she is supposedly clarifying. They do not see the fake propositions behind the words but instead what is being stated. I know that society has been blinded and I see it day to day. I am glad to be able to think for myself and be mature enough to guide myself. I wish that others would too. Then again, this is all just an opinion from a 11th grader writing for a blog. So I want to ask, does my opinion give you enough clarification to follow my footsteps, or are you going to give yourself an explanation?

news celebrity popsugar anchor anchor baby

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog. I completely agree. I wasn't necessarily following the election on my own, but with the guidance of social media and thought Trump was a bad president based upon that.

    ReplyDelete