Sunday, November 27, 2016

THANKFUL

Thanksgiving is a national holiday that is very ironic. The pilgrims came to America thankful for the food that the Native Americans gave them. Then after the union the pilgrims took over their land and killed them. Is that not ironic? That the people who “created” this country did not create it but stole it. Anyways the point of Thanksgiving is to be THANKFUL. I feel as if I take everything for granted. I only think about myself. This weekend gave me a chance to start thinking about others. It gave me a reason for spending my time on other people. For realizing all the things in my life that I have which are a blessing. It made me think of what I AM thankful for.

st judes fundraiser

I am thankful for parents who care for my well being, and who are also always supportive of everything I pursue. I am thankful for friends who are always there for me no matter what I do. I am thankful for the roof that is over my head. I am thankful for the education I have received. I am thankful for the opportunities that have been . I am thankful for god and everything he has given me. I am thankful for the most comfortable bed put in my life. I am thankful for the clothes in my closet and grateful for being able to afford them. I am thankful for music. I am thankful for the internet because without it Ms. Val could not stalk my twitter. I am thankful for Krispy Kreme, Chick-fil-a, and Five Guys. I am thankful for sports. I am thankful for Detroit. I am thankful for role models who give me inspirations. I am thankful for people who hate on everything I do because it pushes me to do more. I am thankful for a mind of my own which I can use to be the best that I can be. And lastly, I am thankful for you. All I can say is...


thanks spongebob thank you spongebob squarepants muscles

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciated how you pointed out the history of thanksgiving and the irony that surrounds it, and that people sadly overlook. It's awesome how you pointed out what you're thankful for, and I believe that many can relate.

    ReplyDelete